Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mac Office 365 pricing - Why am I paying for Access & Publisher??

Mac users cannot download Access or Publisher, but we are paying for the full subscription price that includes those apps - if you are not going to provide those apps, you need to change the pricing and/or offer a different tier subscription to Mac users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring back Dynamic Charts and Pivot Tables

Hello, some of the features that have been dropped on Access from the 2013 version is a frustrating fact.
    Specifically, I'm talking about the PivotTables and PivotCharts.
    I developped for my company two applications that manage the commercial activity and another for the management of operational risks.
    This feature (PivotTables and PivotCharts) had been very useful for reporting in the 2007 and 2010 versions.
    Now this feature is no longer supported and our IT Department has migrated the Office to the 2016 version, I am really stuck.
    Please take into consideration this request and consider the possibility of its reactivation.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We realize that Pivot Tables and Charts have been a great feature and many Access users found them to be highly useful.
    As you may already know, they have been removed as the technology they relied on, was no longer supported (Office Web Components).

At this point we have no plan to bring Pivot Tables and Charts back. However we are looking into ways to improve and modernize data visualization in Access.

Stay tuned.

3. What would be very cool would be if you could talk code ... say i want a form to do xyz and it pull details together... I'm not a programme

i'm not a programmer and find it difficult and dont have time.. but have a lot of ideas which i want to get to work fast and when i speak with programmers they don't understand what i want etc so take a lot of hard work and time to make progress..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your suggestion, however feel it is not the right place for it.
    Access is a great tool for both developers and end-user with minimal programming/tech skills.
    Ramp up before you are able to create something meaningful is relatively short. Give it a try!

Michal [MSFT]

4. One time activation for all of Office 265. One Time filling the stupid form out. Not every time idiot software engineering!

Activation should only happen with the suite. NOT ALL FIVE, and when you use one of them EVERYTIME!!!!!!

Take some lessons from Apple. quit being such PIN HEADS!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. adp

Who knows why Micrososft cut adp file format? They afraid something? Why they kill adp idea, Very Pity...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve Access Accessibility

Improve accessibility for Microsoft Access when using Jaws and or NVDA screen reading software. I here that better support has been made for narrator, but until narrator becomes more usable for every day tasks, most people will use jaws or NVDA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Timothy for posting.
    Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
    With that, we are committed to always improve our products to help people of all abilities access information and have fulfilling interactions with our products.
    In that sense, Access is no different.
    There are multiple accessibility improvements we’ve introduced in the last year (read more https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-Access-2016-76454345-f85d-47af-ace1-98a456cb3496) and we will continue to strive to improve it further.

I’m updating the status to no current plan so you can get your votes back and re-use them.
    Feel free to suggest specific accessibility requests/features.

Thanks,
    Michal [MSFT]

7. 〖오산오피〗〖오산건마〗『쿨피스』#오산휴게텔メ 오산키스방"오산마사지

coolop1.com 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔 오산키스방 오산마사지 『쿨피스』 오산오피 오산건마 오산휴게텔…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    No Current Plan  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix Bug - Random Crashes - Exception Code: 0xc0000409

I'm getting random crashes using MS Access, below is the event viewer log

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.7766.2060, time stamp: 0x58a90c80
    Faulting module name: mso40uiwin32client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58a821f1
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000046d3cc
    Faulting process id: 0x433c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d29f7652c05e88
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso40uiwin32client.dll
    Report Id: ba2d73b2-fda6-4c54-826e-a067b517c502
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MS Access Mac Support ?s

Centrally located MS sponsored support page....I cannot find one for Access.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks everyone for voting and supporting this suggestion.
    As you are all aware, Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables have been removed from Access 2013 because the technology they relied on was deprecated (Office Web Components).

Since Pivot Charts as we all know them, will not come back to Access, we are updating the status accordingly and would like to encourage you to continue and use your free votes to support other suggestions.

The ask for similar functionality is well known and documented.

Thanks,

14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sell Works again. Office is too much for me and I only need what was in Works.

I loved Works. I could do anything I wanted with it.
    I don't work in a position to use all that is in Office.
    In my home, Works does everything I need.
    M. Craft

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Consider downgrading VBA references to ALL Office product libraries

re: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vsod/2017/01/23/office-vba-reference-downgrade-problem/

This includes a comment "This is by design. VBA references are upgraded but are not downgraded." which I have also heard from other Microsoft support staff

I differ in opinion about “by design”.

I feel that since these are references to libraries supplied by Office, and since the newer office application VBA environment “knows” enough to locate and upgrade ALL the office library references, and since the older office application VBA environment “knows” enough to locate and downgrade the library for ONE office library reference, it seems like it is somewhat negligent that the older office application VBA…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Discontinue this garbage

Discontinue this garbage. What were you thinking ? Can't even execute a really simple SQL statement. That's after clicking on 17 buttons to get to the Query Text Editor. Did you design Access to be bad and cumbersome on purpose ? My blood is boiling ! You have no Idea ! I so regret buying this rubbish. Never again !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

hanks everyone for voting and supporting this suggestion.
    As you are all aware, Pivot Charts and Pivot Tables have been removed from Access 2013 because the technology they relied on was deprecated (Office Web Components).

Since Pivot Charts as we all know them, will not come back to Access, we are updating the status accordingly and would like to encourage you to continue and use your free votes to support other suggestions.

Thanks,
    Access Team

19. Votes were not returned to me

Votes were not returned to me after MS closed "Provide a native Treeview control". I had two votes for that. Since there is no feedback mechanism to tell Microsoft "your feeback site is not working, I then had to remove my vote from "Import/export specs edit feature" in order to open this "suggestion". The suggestion... Microsoft - fix your feedback mechanism.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow Microsoft Access to run on Macs--it's about to be 2017, for goodness sakes!

I suggest you...allow Microsoft Access to run on Macs--it's about to be 2017, for goodness sakes!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base