Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ... to change the Option in VBA-editor window and move the Tab-Width field additionally as a local field per database ...

If you get databases from different people each was developed with his own tab-Width (4 chars or 3 chars or so) than it is difficult to insert new vba-text "correctly" tabbed. This wouldn't happen, if the tab-width (4 or whatever) would automatically be stored locally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dsoframer

Some versions before it was possible to view Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents directly in Access with DSOFramer. Today this is still needed in practice to view a read only document in Access-Form.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create links for records

Access does not have a link feature that can be inserted into reports that can point to an individual record and display the data in the report in a separate report or form. I have a report that displays multiple records and I have a need to update the individual records but do not want to search for the records in the form or table. Access does not have a GUI feature that can be used to link a record in a report to a form that will display all of the information in the record. I would like a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable excel online spreadsheet as data source

Enable linking to an online excel sheet as an external datasource via the shared url.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Augment number of fields in a table

Sometimes we need to import a table, where the fields can go up to 3000. It´s not optimal, but the first step is to import. After that we should break to optimal efficiency. But without the first step(import) it's very complicated to get the job done.
    Can the limit be 4096???

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable way apply attachment field value to control.

The attachment field in a table is great for storing custom pix to stay with database even if database is moved to a different computer. I need to make sure lots of custom pix (png, bitmap) go with a database file. Would be fantastic if Pix stored in a table’s attachment field could be used for items like background pix of form, or a pix for an activeX control or a bitmap for use on a command button. And COULD BE Set at runtime what pix in attachment field in a table is applied to what control. Would not mind,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VBA Editor in Separate Windows

Right now, each code window must be within the VBA Editor window. I have multiple monitors and it would be nice to be able to look at multiple modules, one on each monitor. Visual Studio has this ability and it works great. Technically I can stretch the window across my monitors and then tile my code windows, but that is a pain to manage other windows at the same time then.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. That one is able to directly edit column names (field names) when viewing a Table in layout view.

I often import data from excel sheets which have been poorly designed or have unacceptable headings. When the dat is imported the field name is then Field1 etc. It would be nice if I could right click on the field name when viewing the table in datasheet or layout view and then directly edit the field name.
    A second nice thing would be if you could directly delete a field from datasheet or layout field.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide ability to Save/Load query definition to/from .SQL text file

...just like is SSMS.
    Such simple operation should also be available from VBA, in order to ease GIT or other source management import export.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fix The Alternate Color Sync on Continuous Forms

This has been an annoyance since 2007. When you have a form with continuous records if you use a mouse wheel to scroll through the form, the alternate record colors will change, but the row colors will be out of sync.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the issue where Access 2016 crashes when dragging query into macro on-top of another query

Access 2016 crashes when dragging queries into a macro. Note that this issue only occurs if you drag the query on-top of another query within the macro

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix the issue with UniqueTables property when used with ADODB (to connect Access with SQL Server).

We have an existing Access database which uses ADO to connect to SQL Server (not using ODBC). It works when run with Access 2010 but fails with A2013 or A2016. I understand that this is a known issue with a hotfix for A2013 (but not A2016). We are moving to A2016 near the end of this year. Without a fix the property cannot be used and the result is that the form is Read-Only.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Search Bar history, and maybe logical operators like AND, OR, NOT

I use the Search Bar in the Navigation Pane a lot. And specially if you name queries, forms, tables etc with same prefix/suffix code (ie q03CustomerList, f03CustomerList) you get the various objects that is connected to each other just by searching 03. It is really fast and easy to design/work on your objects this way. But what I often miss is a Search Bar history, showing the different searches you have done during a working day. Another nice feature to add is ability to have logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) in the Search Bar...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add a windows server cliant for access

Would like to have a server set up for access so that those who have large datbases can stroe them on a server and all users would connect to server to reteave the tables or reports they need.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "on action" to the alternatives when a user clicks on a ribbon tab.

We need the ability to display a particular form on tab click.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. commandbar

Please provide a meaningful value (other than the current " ") for the Name property of the Commandbar object representing the shortcut menu which comes up when you right-click the very top of a Form open in Form mode (and ditto for reports) so that this can easily be disabled in code. It is currently one of three Commandbars with no meaningful Name.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Resolve Missing ACE Drivers for local registry and out-of-process scripts for Click-to-Run deployments

The Host OS is unable to locate or use the ACE engine drivers for purposes of out-of-process automation calls, or ODBC connections when Office is deployed under Click-to-Run deployment models. This needs to be corrected so that out-of-process automation and ODBC calls can succeed no matter which deployment model is selected for deployment of Office/MS-Access components.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the Database Documenter so it returns the correct value for Query RecordsetType.

In Access 2007 and 2010, the Database Documenter returns the wrong value for Query RecordsetTypes.

If a query has the Recordset Type set to 'Snapshot' in the Design view, the Database Documenter reports that the Recordset Type is 'Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)'.

If a query has the Recordset Type set to 'Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates)', the Database Documenter reports that the Recordset Type is '0' (which I believe is the value for 'Dynaset').

Setting the Recordset Type to 'Dynaset' does return the correct value in the Database Documenter, but this is the only setting to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base