Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. EDB to PST Converter For your Exchange Recovery

EDB to PST converter tool can repair damaged, corrupt and dismounted Exchange server. It can also recover deleted mailboxes from your corrupted EDB file. EdbMails EDB to PST software helps you to recover inaccessible EDB file and export it to PST file without losing your important message items.

EdbMails is the best EDB to PST software to recover Exchange and bring it to the online state. One of the high-performance Exchange server export and migration tool to get back your deleted mailbox data with accuracy.

If there is a requirement of data integrity, scalability, and performance arise in Exchange recovery…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exception thrown at 0x00007FFBE978137D (Mso40UIwin32client.dll) in *.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000000000000000.

am getting above exception during call of SQLDriverConnect(...). Very first time I am able to connect thru DB (MS Access), but next time after session out, when trying to re-connect getting exception.
    Using x64 windows machine with VS 2019 enterprise edition. Please help me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why not define a Ctrl-". This would fill a field with one date higher than the field above it.

I do a fair amount of data entry that involves date data into a database table. I can use the Ctrl-' function to add to the field the data in the same field directly above it. This is great. But I have to enter a lot of records with dates, and the new record is for a different date, usually the next date on the calendar. So if there was a function Ctrl-", I would be able to directly add the next day to this record when compared to the record above it. For example if Record 12 has a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix a Bug! Filtering problem on persian Ye on linked tables

Seems to be a Bug!
    Filtering on a filed containing ی (persian ye = unicode 1740) finds ي (arabic ye =1610) on linked tables; while searching and sorting are correct. this bug does not appear on local tables, just on linked tables.

Test environment:
    - data table reside on MS SQL Server 2017
    - Data fields are NVARCHAR
    - MS ACCESS 2016 linked table over ODBC 11

Please type with Persian keyboard layout

this bug existed from previous versions and is know to Persian language users and I don't know if someone has reported or not before.

I can provide…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide Microsoft Access FORM with an event similar to Excel userform's QUERYCLOSE event, in order to identify "how" the form was closed.

Provide Microsoft Access FORM with an event similar to Excel userform's QUERYCLOSE event, in order to identify "how" the form was closed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. problem in linked table manager to Reconnect tables VIEW-SQL the Key deleted ? version 16.0.13001.20384

hi

When I use linked table manager to Reconnect tables VIEW the Key deleted -- in ms access 2019 (365)

VIEW -SQL
    for example
    dbo_movment (SQL )
    The problem is only in VIEW

in Another table (SQL ) has no problem

Previous versions of Access had no problem

The problem is only in the 2019 access

The issue is also in the version 64BIT and also In version 32BIT

How to solve the problem ?

I use SQL2016
    With whom I also worked with Access 2016
    When I moved to Access 2019
    Table refresh interface changed
    And since then there…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For starters, could you have feedback on the latest edge and not IE 11. I would like for Word or Outlook to have a different colour icon.

For starters, could you have feedback on the latest edge and not IE 11. I would like for Word or Outlook to have a different coloured icon. They are both on my taskbar and it's annoying when you look down quickly and think you are choosing one when you choose the other. All the other colours make quick selection easy, but 2 blues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. include an example to illustrate declare or setup of Hyperlink field

When using class mode of VBA, there is no explicit example to declare or use Get/Let procedure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Easiest way to split the Outlook PST files

If you looking at the easiest way to split the Outlook PST files then use MailsDaddy PST Split Tool. It is a most popular single wizard application, which easily divides the Outlook PST file according to date, folder, size, and email id. The software is compatible with all editions of Windows OS and MS Outlook.

More Info- https://www.mailsdaddy.com/pst-split-tool/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow contact info to be changed. It is tied to location, but we have a different point of contact

In the contact info box, we cannot change the default name to our local contact. The name that populates is a person that does not work in this facility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable us to lock the tab we're working on within a Tab Control

Working on controls within a Tab Control can be very frustrating. You can't drag a box around controls, because you end up moving the Tab Control containing them and I'm forever accidentally selecting the Tab Control.

Can we have some way of locking us on to the selected tab, locking the Tab Control's position and allowing us to drag a box around controls on a Tab Control?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Convert OLM files to PST format

Convert all the Mac OLM files to Outlook PST format with the help of new OLM to PST converter tool. The tool maintains the data integrity and accuracy and converts the OLM files to PST format without any data loss. The tool is 100% secure and prevents the data loss while converting OLM files to PST format.

With this, a user can convert all the OLM file data including email, tasks, calendar, notes, contacts, and another customized folder of the same format are also converted precisely without damaging any data.
    For more info:- https://bit.ly/OLMtoPSTtool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Datasheet enhancements

Please increase the size of the footer of the data sheet to make it easier to see and use the record controls. The number of records box should be much bigger to see large record numbers. Also, the search box should be at the top of the datasheet to make it more intuitive to use and be inline with the emphasis Microsoft now gives search in all its applications. I would like to see wrappable columns heading. And the filter button, the add button and a delete and refresh button at the upper right hand part of the datasheet so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Datasheet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include Find/Replace dialogue when using Shift F2 to edit code

I use code for the recordset property of a form and if I need to make changes I cut and paste to notepad but now we have "find & replace" in the SQL Editor. Can this functionality be incuded if editing the recordsource property or perhaps open the sql editor to make this easier.

Thanks for the great work on the Editor it really helps!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BUG - Relationship window: Cannot view all tables

Office 365, 16.0.12730.20144 32-bit.

Select many tables at once in Relationship window - enough so that the list of tables spills over to a second set of columns. Scroll down to bottom of scroll bar, and cannot see the tables lower down. If I then resize the Access Window so it is shorter, I can scroll down and see more tables. And then if I make the Window taller again, I can see the bottom tables. But as soon as I touch the vertical scrollbar, focus shifts to the top again, and the bottom tables are again not showing.

Note…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use F5 to run a query

When switching between SQL Management Studio and an Access front end I find myself pressing F5 to run the Access query as I've been working in the other window - would be good if F5 ran the query in Access as it does in SQLMS

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hello! I would like to see boundries with dashed lines as an option.

My congregation is use to seeing dashed line boundaries to mean just doing one side of a street. With that feature, you can pick one part of the boundary or the entire outer boundary to have a dashed line. Would be a nice feature to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

Change the toolbar icon sizes back to the smaller size to allow more icons on the line

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow hyperlinks in MS Access to open a shared file on SharePoint

Currently, hyperlinks in MS Access to a shared file on SharePoint does not open. One gets the error = "Unable to open <link>. Cannot download the information you requested". If it is a hyperlink to a normal website (e.g. www....) it does work. This error applies to both data in hyperlink-formatted fields as well as hyperlinks embedded in form controls. Access simply cannot access data in SharePoint via URL. This is a major deficiency in the program and should be solved.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Local Data  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base