Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the LOGEST function (which is in Excel) to Access

Excel has the function LOGEST that is used in regression analysis. The LOGEST function calculates an exponential curve that fits your data and returns an array of values that describes the curve.

We use this function in our Excel models. I am attempting to rewrite some of these in Access but the LOGEST is not available in Access. It seems that all the functions available in Excel should also be available in Access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Office 365 Business Issue with Microsoft Access

I purchased Office 365 Business so that I could use Microsoft Access. As it stand the application does not work as designed. When you go in to Form view you see limited fields. When you go in to design view you can see more of the fields. I've spent several hours with Technical support trying to resolve the issues with no success. The problem as explained to me is the Home Inventory template is not compatible with Office 365. So my thoughts is why is if available as a template if it's not compatible. I would like to see the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modern Carting is far from modern

Why is it not possible to have charting similar to what is in Excel?

For those that want to dynamically display their data in an easily comprehended form Charts are the way to go, but Modern Charts in Access are so limited as to be almost useless. Linking to charts in Excel is complex and does not work well. If you are distributing your DB you must then distribute a copy of the Excel workbook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PLEASE release the fix for "Bug fix needed for MS Access Update queries with WHERE clause" because we can't update hundreds of queries!!!!

Release the fix referenced in this link below ASAP. We have numerous MS Access apps that are not functioning and can't be expected to update hundreds of queries...(multiple apps, multiple customers...).
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/access-error-query-is-corrupt-fad205a5-9fd4-49f1-be83-f21636caedec

Thanks so much!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

See support.office.com/en-us/article/access-err..

For updates, this is fixed for almost all channels now (a fix has been available for most users since 11/18).

6. Develop a mobile version of Access so it can be installed on a lightweight android device.

Develop a version of access that can be run on a lightweight android device or an application that can be run from the cloud.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implement large number support in OLEDB

When Large Number support is enabled in an access database, it becomes unavailable to OLEDB with the error "The database you are trying to open requires a newer version of Microsoft Access".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conditional Formatting - nulls and automatic backcolor

Two things for Conditional Formatting: (1) Add options for Field Value is null/not null. Doesn't work if I say Field Value Is equal to Null, instead I switch to Expression and type it out. (2) Background color needs a "transparent" or "no color" option. Example- I have a report with alternate row colors and want to highlight a field with solid yellow for certain conditions and make it clear for others... using the "Automatic" background color makes the field solid white instead of whatever the alternate row color is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Where are you

It has become obvious in reviewing this hub that Microsoft has no interest in feedback. Unless I am missing something, out of all the feedbacks provided, Microsoft has only tagged 3 for future consideration, and they are all dated years ago, and has followed thru on none.

What is the point to this feedback channel?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Flexibility on Resizing/Formatting Data Tables Independently for Charts

Need to allow to resize and format Data Tables independently from the Chart Object to be able to keep large series charts (15+) from stretching too long vertically just to show all the data table results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to Freeze and UnFreeze columns in Continuous Forms (Horizontal Scrolling)

Just like in a datasheet, the user experience would be greatly enhanced with the ability to freeze key columns in view while scrolling horizontally on continuous forms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Presentacion de tablas de access en Power Point

Seria necesario que las tablas de accces se puedan visualizar en Power Point sin necesidad de macros (Sin codigos). y tambien en slideshow

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I am a newby to this W-10 my last one wa

7 - so how can Iget this UserVoice. Ands some assistance to navigate10 would help a lot. I am a newby to this W-10 my last one was the home 7,I really am tearing myhair out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Poder desplazarse en un cuadro de texto en un form con la rueda del mouse

Actualmente solo es posible hacerlo con las barras de desplazamiento. hay cuadros de texto grandes en donde seria útil poder desplazarse con esta rueda del mouse .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Que la rueda scroll del mouse sirva para desplazarse en la ventana de relaciones

Actualmente la única forma para desplazarse en la ventana de relaciones es a través de las barras de desplazamiento. Resultaría muy útil poder hacerlo con la rueda del mouse

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Access2016 住所入力支援辞書の間違い

「中央区新富」と入力して「252-0200」(相模原市)と支援されます。
    正しくは、104-0041です。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [Editor] Adding the language column at keyword, ad and extension levels

We can't see the language of keywords, ads or extensions from Editor as the column is not available at this level. The language is only displayed at the Campaign and Adgroup levels.

For accounts with just one language it is not problematic, but when campaigns and adgroups have multiple languages we can't dispatch the data we export for keywords, ads and extensions.

As NQS requires the data to be sent per market AND language, it is inconvenient when requesting for an editorial review.

Could it be possible to add the hereditated language to keywords, ads and extensions in Editor? Langage…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base