Make it easier to resize the tables in the query designer
I have a Surface Pro 4 and using the trackpad to grab the lower right corner of the tables is nearly impossible. It is like there is only one pixel where it will work.
The problem is fixed in the query designer. Great! Please consider fixing it elsewhere.
• Windows 7.0 pro
• Office 365
• MS Access 2016 16.0.7766.7080 32-bit (downloaded 27Feb17, installed, rebooted)
The problem described above also effects resizing of
• Queries (in design view, sql view, and datasheet view)
• Forms (in design and form view - with border style set to 'sizable')
• Reports (in report, print preview, layout, and design views)
• The Relationships window itself
• Note: the tables within the query designer have a one pixel, red border just like all other borders. However these borders act differently - probably due to your fix. Thank you! These borders do allow the user to grab them more easily (as if there is a invisible additional pixel on either side of the border that reacts to the mouse click when it is in close proximity).
The fix that was applied for individual table windows within the query design - Please do this for everything else in the list.
Why? Developers often have multiple windows open: comparing the design of three reports or looking at data in multiple tables. Please help us resize our design objects. Looking forward to your solution.
Oops, here is the MS-Access version: 16.0.7426.1015. 32-bit (not sure why this wouldn't be 64-bit).
Version is later than the one mentioned by EdH on 8/30?? Any insight would be helpful..
I'm on Office 365 and have a Surface Pro 4. This fix is not in and I have the latest updates (since they are automatic)? Still the same: table design, query design windows, etc. Almost impossible to resize windows when doing initial development and needing many windows open. The version is 1610 (Build 74466.2038). Am I missing something?
Sweet! Yes it is. Confirmed 16.0.7167.2047 makes it infinitely easier to resize.
Excellent! Is this a universal issue or just machines with a high res display like the SP4?