Bring back wide borders in the Relationship and Query Design windows
The skinny borders in the Relationship and Query Design windows mean it now takes ages to resize the tables because you need to be pixel-perfect to grab the edges. Please make them big again
The problem is fixed in the Relationship and Query Design Windows. Great! Please consider fixing it elsewhere.
The problem described above also effects resizing of
• Queries (in design view, sql view, and datasheet view)
• Forms (in design and form view - with border style set to 'sizable')
• Reports (in report, print preview, layout, and design views)
• The Relationships window itself
• Note: the tables within the query designer and relationship builder have a one pixel, red border just like all other borders. However these borders act differently - due to your fix. Thank you! These borders do allow the user to grab them more easily (as if there is a invisible additional pixel on either side of the border that reacts to the mouse click when it is in close proximity).
The fix that was applied for individual table windows within the query design and relationship builder - Please do this for everything else in the list.
Why? Developers often have multiple windows open: comparing the design of three reports or looking at data in multiple tables. Please help us resize our design objects. Looking forward to your solution.
Thank you for fixing
OMAR COMBET commented
Dear Access Team. You are welcome for us calling this out. Now what plans do you have? I am considering going back to my previous version of Access because of this problem. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is like a shoe that is too tight. Walk down the hall and you are Ok, walk all day and your foot is sore, walk all week and you develop a blood blister. You see where I'm going with this. Please provide status update. Thank you.
Alan Cossey commented
However, this problem was already highlighted at https://access.uservoice.com/forums/319956-access-desktop/suggestions/10989657-fix-form-border-widths-in-access-2016-under-window and so the votes have been split.
Alan Cossey commented
Yes, it is particularly difficult to resize such windows if you have a high resolution screen.