I suggest you ...

Bring back wide borders in the Relationship and Query Design windows

The skinny borders in the Relationship and Query Design windows mean it now takes ages to resize the tables because you need to be pixel-perfect to grab the edges. Please make them big again

51st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Done!  · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Done? What was done? I still can't grab the damned thing on my machine and it's up to date Office 365. Did they fix it for like one patch cycle and then revert back to the impossible to grab one pixel width? I am absolutely furious about this ongoing issue with something so fundamental.

• JPS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is fixed in the Relationship and Query Design Windows. Great! Please consider fixing it elsewhere.

The problem described above also effects resizing of
        • Tables
        • Queries (in design view, sql view, and datasheet view)
        • Forms (in design and form view - with border style set to 'sizable')
        • Reports (in report, print preview, layout, and design views)
        • The Relationships window itself

• Note: the tables within the query designer and relationship builder have a one pixel, red border just like all other borders. However these borders act differently - due to your fix. Thank you! These borders do allow the user to grab them more easily (as if there is a invisible additional pixel on either side of the border that reacts to the mouse click when it is in close proximity).

The fix that was applied for individual table windows within the query design and relationship builder - Please do this for everything else in the list.

Why? Developers often have multiple windows open: comparing the design of three reports or looking at data in multiple tables. Please help us resize our design objects. Looking forward to your solution.

Thanks

• OMAR COMBET commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Access Team. You are welcome for us calling this out. Now what plans do you have? I am considering going back to my previous version of Access because of this problem. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is like a shoe that is too tight. Walk down the hall and you are Ok, walk all day and your foot is sore, walk all week and you develop a blood blister. You see where I'm going with this. Please provide status update. Thank you.

• Alan Cossey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it is particularly difficult to resize such windows if you have a high resolution screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base