Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access drop down tabs covers information

When your in Access, when everything is compact; when you start clicking the top tabs ; Home, Create, External Data, Database Tools... etc. The half inch of drop down covers information. It'd be nice if the information drops down along with the bar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access Add-ins are removed after every Office update (bug)

Every time I get an Office update, my Access Add-ins are uninstalled. This has been going on for at least a year. It doesn't affect all add-ins, about 1/4 of them stay (I have 26 installed). These may be ones that were installed with an .exe installer.

I think this is a bug but I don't think it will get a lot of attention because Access Add-ins aren't that popular. If you use add-ins and have seen this happen please vote.

My work around for this has been to use RegEdit to save my add-in registry settings to a .reg…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose columns when linking to Salesforce (see power query)

• make it possible to select a subset of fields from a Salesforce object

Primarily, this would make it possible to work with SF objects that have exceeded the limit of 256 or whatever it is for Access. There would be other benefits too. But this alone would make the Salesforce/Access integration much more doable (right now I have to use an intermediary such as power query or sql server for these larger objects)

• make it possible to link to Salesforce reports. (less important but very helpful)

1 is really very necessary. I'd go so far as to say that without

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop resizing Report and Form Labels in Design View, when editing the label's text.

I see this in both Forms and Reports, but it's more irritating in Report Design as the labels are more likely to have visible borders. Sometimes a report gets copied and repurposed to a similar task or the definition of a data set gets updated. When you edit the text in an existing label, the border automatically collapses around the new text, making it look ugly and poorly aligned to the other neatly arranged labels on the Report/Form. I don't care if it clips, I'll resize the font from the ribbon. I don't care if it leaves extra space -…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. kth Percentile function

Create an function to calculate kth Percentile as in excel that can be used in queries to calculate percent of grouped values

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please at least quadruple the number of database object handles available in Access

I frequently run up against the 2048 handle limit (and from the online searching for how to resolve this, it's clear that I'm not alone). PLEASE INCREASE the number of object handles available to Access.
    I'm supporting a reporting database that links to poorly designed tables (survey data in hundreds of fields that should be stored as records) in a vendor database that I have no control over. To make the data usable, I'm having to restructure the data, appending multiple union queries in order to get the data into a vertical format needed for our reporting needs. If I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Labels printing blank from Report Preview

I have an issue that happens from time to time at my current job. I can see the report label in the preview option however it prints blank labels for some odd reason. The report preview looks fine but the result is blank labels. I'm using a Zebra 410 printer and the labels are 1" margins. I already tried to reproduce the issue by changing the margins but it prints fine. Not able to reproduce the issue as of this moment. Looking for any pointers or suggestions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement support for (ADO) linking SQL tables and views using Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server

There is only support to use the ODBC driver for linking tables and views to Access 2016/2019 databases. For ADO we need to avoid mixing connection string and database access technologies.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change behavior if deleting a row

if you delete a marked row the row dissapears, and a security question appears. At this moment the row you want to delete isn't shown any more but the next row. This is misleading, since you don't wan't to delete the row now market. Instead the row you really want to delete should be visible and marked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Right click DUPLICATE a table, query, etc

Right click DUPLICATE a table, query, etc. Instead of Copy/paste.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the use of tables in update queries without requiring them to be writeable

When executing an update query with multiple tables, all tables are currently required to be writeable.

Please allow us to use read-only tables and queries as a source of data for update queries, e.g.

UPDATE MyWritableTable rw
    INNER JOIN MyReadOnlyTable ro ON ro.ID = rw.ID
    SET rw.Field1 = ro.Field1

Since there are no write actions to MyReadOnlyTable, this query should not require it to be writable, but it does.

The current behaviour is a common source of misunderstanding (I often see questions about it on Stack Overflow), and limits the ability to update/merge in data from read-only data sources.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Linked Table Manager - quick fix for Escape key

In the new Linked Table Manager, when I click the Relink/Add/Delete/Edit button a dialog is shown. If I press the Escape key, I expect that dialog to close, which it does, but the Linked Table Manager also closes. This behavior is annoying.

Please change these dialogs so pressing Escape only closes the top window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. suggest this workaround for "query is corrupt" error

I wrote this code snippet (you may have to adjust it to match the tables in your database), and within a minute the whole program worked again. Hope this helps someone else, too:

Public Sub RenameAllTables()

Dim dbs As Database

Dim tdf As TableDef
    Set dbs = CurrentDb
    For Each tdf In dbs.TableDefs
    If InStr(1, tdf.Name, "tbl_") > 0 Then ' this way we don't change system tables
    tdfName = tdf.Name
    tdfNewName = Replace(tdfName, tdfName, "dbo_" & tdf.Name)
    DoCmd.Rename tdfNewName, acTable, tdfName

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM " & tdfNewName
    Set qdf = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef(tdfName, strSQL)
    End If
    Next

End Sub …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Develop a mobile version of Access so it can be installed on a lightweight android device.

Develop a version of access that can be run on a lightweight android device or an application that can be run from the cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Accessで、2019年11月の更新プログラムが適用されると、「クエリが破損しています。」というエラーが発生し、処理が動かなくなる事象

Microsoft Accessで、2019年11月の更新プログラムが適用されると、「クエリが破損しています。」というエラーが発生し、処理が動かなくなる事象が発生しています。

対応アップデートパッチは
    office2016:KB4484113
    office2013:KB4484119
    office2010:KB4484127
    による現象のようで、当該アップデートをアンインストールしたところ、現象は起きなくなりました。
    また、現象が発生している箇所ではdocmd.runsql文によるクエリ実行を行っており、そのポイントでabendしている様です。
    (ランタイム版でしか動作を見ていないので、厳密にステップ実行トレースしたわけではありませんが。)

ご確認頂きたいです。
    よろしくお願いします。
    以上です。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Split forms in popup mode getting uncontrollable size

Split forms in popup mode getting uncontrollable size as they spread out of the screen if the datasheet on bottom. is it Possible to make it desired size.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Put a date on your replies to feedback

Could you please change the Feedback software so that it shows a date on all of your replies, so that we can see it your reply is current or old.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the ability to save in One drive

Ability to save in One Drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Un petit bug dans le reporting Access

I think there is a small bug in Access Reports…
    When a report contains a png or embedded image, this is not printed if you print it directly on the printer. If I create a Pdf, and then print the pdf report, the logo is visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base