Feedback by UserVoice

Access (Desktop Application)

Welcome to the Access Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.
We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support LongLong - or BIGINT - natively in Access 365 just like Excel 365.

BIGINT needs to be turned on in Access 365 and 2016. LongLong (2^64) - 1 is simply another data type available natively in Excel 365. This should be available in 64-bit versions of all Office applications VBA as well as the tables in Access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. there are too many choices, narrow it down to 5 basic ideas of total program that will help in a solid venue of knowledge of good success

have an article to explain one path to set up access so give one idea as to what the final goal will be, and does every data base have access to add and change the overall complexity of the total program like office 365 is so complicated it will take several talented people to run the program.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow custom sort order for modern charts

Either provide a new property for sort order in a modern chart or allow the transformed row source to be manually edited. Dates shown as month and year are particularly annoying as it treats them as text and the sort order is alphabetical instead of chronological.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Access for Mac!!

I'm currently taking college classes while I'm in high school, and my parents got me a laptop so I could do my work on it. The problem is that I need Access to do some of my work. I don't understand how I can have Excel and Word but not Access. I would really appreciate it if y'all could make Access on Mac. Its 2020 people and I'm at home in quarantine (can't go to school and use their computers) and I need to get my work done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Command buttons automatically create macro - I like event procedures

I want to make the decision if micro or event procedure is to be created

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automating Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Program Microsoft Access to be compatible and useable on Mac products.

I purchased Office 365 Personal today and nowhere did it say Access was non-compatible with Mac products. On the drop down list of which applications were included with each Office package it had a tick against all applications being compatible with Mac products. Further down it referenced Access and Publisher to highlight this was indeed part of package - again tick to say yes. It had a marker next to it with the number 4, to which this relates "PC only". No further guidance. On the "Learn More" suggestion it doesn't reference any important or significant T&C's to suggest non-compatibility…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make set_spapprole work in a VBA context

SQL Server (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/system-stored-procedures/sp-setapprole-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017) has a great security feature to allow an app to assume a security role when connected to the server. This doesn't work from Access VBA. This leaves us having to give permissions to data that users can subvert. Whilst this can be mitigated, if Access could connect using a user account with no permissions, and switch to an app role with the right permissions security would be wonderful. SetAppRole is particular pleasant in that in the context we still know the original user who started the app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Menu builder or Ribbon for our plicatives that are persisted on other computers

Until the 2003 version of Office it was possible to create custom menu bars forour applications. As of the 2007 release this has been discontinued.

It would be great if a way to build menu or ribbon for our systems were implemented. Because what is already possible to create, is not part of the database application but of Office Access itself and is not exported to our final application when used on another computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Query is Corrupt bug has crippled five production applications.

Query is Corrupt bug has crippled five production applications. How are we suppossed to wait nearly a month for a fix. This is insane. How can this be acceptable. Such a serious bug should be addressed immediately.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

See support.office.com/en-us/article/access-err..

For updates, this is fixed for almost all channels now (a fix has been available for most users since 11/18).

11. Focus and PopUps (The Screen.ActiveForm Nightmare)

PopUp forms do not get focus, because they are not intended for data.

I have read that plenty of times and know perfectly that is by design.

But to use a PopUp form is the only way to go out of MDI boundaries, sometimes it could be practical to open data in a Popup form, and do not know why that should lead to a focus nightmare, in which a lot of events and functions cease to work or change his behaviour.
    It will very nice if we could forget that old assumptions about popups, getting in it the common…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi, this is Sunil Kaushik. I just want to suggest microsoft team one thing, when customer spent 90k - 1 lac. Why didn't he/she get licensed?

I spent Rs. 90000 for this laptop. Then what is fund in purchasing this laptop when i have MS Office Unlicensed Version. It's not fair with customer. Please give me access to licensed version. Humble request to you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. j

meth

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  External Data Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. All the 32 bit dll and ocx should work in 64 bit os and office

We are working with 32-bit add-ins for access. But it is not possible to work in 64 bit system which I am using.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. havw anotherdatabase attached for overall projectprofitability

one=ce land is purchased, then the build price, then sales price requested sales price achieved, estate agents fee if applicable solicitors costs registration fees ifap the exact profit is in %=£0000.00so that it comes in two parts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Someone needs to be fired (really)

The recent Access updates that broke the most simple update queries was bad. However, Microsoft's response was even worse. Rather than Microsoft fixing the very serious problem they created, they said we should change the way we update records in our applications. What moron thought that was an appropriate response? Like many other throughout the world, we have a production system with 400K lines of code and you want us to rewrite every update statement because you do not want to roll out a bug fix? Then, someone thought it was a good idea to wait 30 days to fix…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Queries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PROBLEM --Linked table manager Access 2019 Allows to refresh only one table and then click OK And so for all the tables

PROBLEM --Linked table manager Access 2019 Allows to refresh only one table and then click OK And so for all the tables

Description of actions

After pressing RELINK

A window opens where I enter the DSN information

Clicking OK
    A window opens

And I had to click more than 100 times After each click

There is a message Succeeded Next to the table name

And a new window opens

And I had to click OK .......

More than 100 times ....

Is there a solution to the problem?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Access app for android

Please add the access app on Google Play, he will It saves many people from the trouble of computers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change name of field property Append Only for long text field

The name "Append Only" field property for the Long Text Data Type is misleading. Consider changing it to "Allow Column History".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Access (Desktop Application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base